Breastfeeding- It’s History and Other Fun Facts
What is Breastfeeding?
Breastfeeding, also called nursing, is the process of feeding human breast milk to a child, either directly from the breast or by expressing the milk from the breast and bottle-feeding it to the infant.
History of Breastfeeding
Benefits of Breastfeeding
- Stronger immune systems
- Fewer colds and respiratory illnesses, fewer ear infections, fewer cases of bacterial meningitis
- Better vision and less retinopathy of prematurity, lower rates of infant mortality, lower rates of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), less illness overall and less hospitalization.
- Breast milk provides abundant and easily absorbed nutritional components, antioxidants, enzymes, immune properties, and live antibodies from mother.
- Promotes faster weight loss after birth
- Stimulates the uterus to contract and return to normal size
- Less postpartum bleeding
- Fewer urinary tract infections
- Less risk of postpartum depression
- Produces the naturally soothing hormones oxytocin and prolactin that promote stress reduction and positive feelings in the nursing mother
- Physical/emotional bonding between mother and child is increased
Increasing breastmilk supply
Breastfeeding is a precious gift to your baby and Burpps Lac+ Lactation cookies are baked with love and care to help mommies in their breastfeeding journey.
Formulated by our in-house nutritionist and food technologist, mommies can be assured that our recipes have gone through careful, deliberate research and countless tweaking to achieve the optimal balance between taste and benefits. The results? A lactation cookie that is packed with powerful galactagogues to help boost breastmilk supply and tastes delicious too! To read more about our ingredients and their benefits, click here.
Each cookie comes individually packed for hygiene purposes and to retain freshness for even longer! It is also perfect for moms on-the-go, just take what you need for that day and you are ready to go :)
Our cookies are baked in a Halal and Mesti (food hygiene) certified facility and are Halal Certified!
Lac+ has won the trust of many confinement centres and our cookies are now given to mummies as a tasty supplement to help them with their milk flow!
As a mother's body differ one from another, our nutritionist recommends taking 2 pieces of Lac+ cookies at least 2 hours before pumping or latching.