Increase Breast Milk Supply By Just Massaging Your Breasts
Did you know that studies show that massaging your breasts while breastfeeding and pumping helps increase milk output by up to 48%?
Here are two ways on how you can massage your breast to increase milk flow and supply!
1. Apply Moist Heat
Moist heat is able to help increase circulation, open milk ducts and stimulate let down, which encourages your milk to start flowing. This method is pretty simple.
- Apply a hot, moist compress to your breasts before breastfeeding
- Lightly massage from the top of your breast, down and over the nipple using your fingertips.
- Press firmly and massage your breast in a circular motion to encourage milk towards your nipples.
2. Hands-on Pumping
Hands-on pumping is a breast massage technique that can increase the amount of breast milk you pump in each session. As hands-on pumping helps to drain the breast more fully every time you pump, it helps to increase your milk supply and provide more milk that will help your baby grow.
This technique helps mothers who may be struggling with producing more milk volume at each pumping session.
- Use a electric pump with a double pumping kit. Wear a bra that holds it in place so that your hands are free.
- Massage both breasts using small circles in a spiral pattern, on outer areas of the breast before pumping. Stroke the breasts from the outer area toward the nipples.
- Pump both breasts until the milk starts to subside and adjust the suction to the highest level that is comfortable for you.
- Repeat the massage process. Pay attention to areas where you feel lumps as those are full milk ducts. Stroke your breast from the outer area in toward the pump to empty the ducts using medium pressure.
- Continue pumping until your milk production subsides again. Hand-express into the pumps. The last milk (hindmilk) is the richest milk that you produce.
Moms who are unable to nurse all day? Try the Pump Power Hour!
The pump power hour is a popular method to increase milk supply. It is perfect for moms who are unable to nurse all day. You can use pump power hour anywhere that you can find some privacy. You only need to do it once a day, at the same time each day. This is how to do it:
- Pump for 20 minutes
- Rest for 10 minutes
- Pump for 10 Minutes
- Rest for 10 minutes
- Pump for 10 minutes
Do you need another way to boost your milk supply? Try our lactation cookies! Formulated by our in-house nutritionist and food technologist, mommies can be assured that our recipes have gone through careful, deliberate research and countless tweaking to achieve the optimal balance between taste and benefits. The results? A lactation cookie that is packed with powerful galactagogues to help boost breastmilk supply and tastes delicious too!